Audiology and Hearing Aid Services
Our Services Include:
- Comprehensive diagnostic hearing evaluations.
- Newborn hearing screenings using otoacoustic emissions (available at the Medical Resource Center).
- Industrial hearing testing.
- Hearing instruments at multiple technology levels and various styles to meet individual needs.
- Custom ear pieces for cell phones, musicians, and ear protection.
- Hearing aid services and batteries.
- Assistive listening devices.
- Education to assist patients and their families in understanding hearing loss, communication strategies and hearing help options.
- Consultations, in person or over the phone, are always free of charge.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Our multiple providers and locations allow us to schedule appointments in a timely manner. We also offer Saturday appointments.
- Our audiologists each have over twenty years of experience. They complete continuing education courses to ensure knowledge of latest advancements.
- With our wide variety of manufacturers we are able to select the best hearing instrument for the individual needs of the patient.
- Competitive pricing with multiple manufacturers ensures the best value is passed on to the patient.
- We provide courtesy insurance billing and are contracted with most major insurance companies. Additionally we work with the Lion’s Club, DVR and Workers’ Compensation.
Overview of our Hearing Care Services
We keep a supply of batteries for you to purchase in our office. Stop in routinely for fresh batteries. Make sure to check the batteries in your hearing devices often and make sure there is no dirt, wax or debris interfering with the batteries performance. Batteries that are properly charged will make a noise (a squeal) when cupped in your hand or after it has been inserted in your ear, when you cup your hand over the hearing aid it will also make a noise.
- Size 10 (yellow)
- Size 312 (brown)
- Size 13 (orange)
- Size 675 (blue)
Diagnostic Hearing Evaluations
During your examination you will be tested using a series of low & high frequency words to determine your ability to understand verbiage within a conversation. We will also give you several words to repeat. The results will help us determine your percentage of hearing loss, your ability to understand speech and how hearing aids will improve your ability to hear.
Since the various systems produce different hearing impressions, it is important for you to make a comparison yourself. For this purpose we will produce custom-made earmolds based on the exact contours of your ears. We can then ensure that your hearing aid fits perfectly.
Hearing Aid Evaluation
If your hearing test reveals a permanent hearing loss, hearing aids may be recommended for one or both ears. Your hearing professional may explain what sounds you are not hearing and what a hearing aids can do to help.
Hearing Aid Dispensing & Fitting
At the hearing aid fitting, you will receive the hearing aids you selected. They are programmed based on a prescription that is specific to each person’s hearing loss. The hearing professional may make adjustments after you try the hearing aids to make sure the settings and fit are ideal for you.
Hearing Aid Repairs
Some minor hearing aid repairs can be done in the office setting in a short period of time; others will need to be sent to the manufacturer for repair. Your hearing professional can help determine what kind of a repair is necessary if you feel your hearing aid is not working properly.
Industrial hearing screenings
Workers in certain occupations are required to receive regular hearing tests due to the risk of hearing loss that can be caused by excessive noise in their workplace. These hearing screenings can be completed in less than 30 minutes, and comply with the standards set by OSHA.
In Office Services
We encourage ongoing cleaning and maintenance after your hearing aid purchase to ensure you receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aid(s). We encourage all our patients to come in for regular hearing aid check-ups and cleaning.
Repairs, Maintenance, Cleanings, and Warranties come with all brands of hearing aids. We offer in-office repairs when possible on most makes/models.
Otoacoustic emission testing allows the audiologist to understand how the outer hair cells of your inner ear are working.
Tympanometry is an examination used to test the condition of the middle ear and mobility of the eardrum (tympanic membrane) and the conduction bones, by creating variations of air pressure in the ear canal.
Evaluation and Fitting for Musician's Ear Plugs
Musicians practice and perform in a variety of different settings. They are exposed to high levels of sound, sometimes for long periods, which may put them at risk for permanent hearing damage. Musician’s ear plugs are custom-made devices that help to limit the sound exposure from instruments, while still providing a rich musical experience for the performer or audience.